Note. This class should not be used for comparisons at the international level or for the primary coding of causes of death.
The headings Z00-Z99 are intended for those cases when the illness, injury or external cause, referring to sections A00-Y89, but other circumstances are not indicated as a "diagnosis" or "problem".
This situation can arise mainly in two cases.
- a) When a disabled person who is currently not necessarily a sick person applies to a health facility for any special purpose, for example, to receive a small amount of assistance or for maintenance due to a current condition: as an organ or tissue donor for preventive vaccination or discussion of a problem that is not itself caused by illness or trauma.
- b) When there are any circumstances or problems affecting health, but at the moment they are not themselves a disease or injury. Such factors can be found in health surveys, during which the individual may be ill or healthy; they can also be documented as additional circumstances that should be borne in mind when seeking help for any disease or damage.
This class contains the following blocks:
- Z00-Z13 Appeals to health care institutions for medical examination and examination
- Z20-Z29 Potential health hazard associated with infectious diseases
- Z30-Z39 Referrals to health care institutions due to circumstances related to reproductive function
- Z40-Z54 Treatment of health services due to the need for specific procedures and medical care
- Z55-Z65 Potential health hazard associated with socioeconomic and psychosocial circumstances
- Z70-Z76 Appeals to health care institutions due to other circumstances
- Z80-Z99 Potential health hazard associated with a personal or family history and certain circumstances that affect health
Note. Nonspecific abnormalities found during these surveys should be coded with R70-R94.
Excludes: examination in connection with pregnancy and reproductive function (Z30-Z36, Z39.- )
Note. The headings of the Z40-Z54 are designed to encode the reasons giving rise to medical care. They can be used for cases where patients previously treated for any illness or injury receive follow-up or preventive care or assistance necessary to recover or consolidate the results of treatment for the treatment of residual events, as well as to eliminate or prevent relapses .
Excluded: follow-up examination with medical supervision after treatment (Z08-Z09)
- follow-up examination (Z08-Z09)
- follow-up care and recovery (Z42-Z51, Z54.- )
- cases where a family or personal history is the reason for a special screening or other examination or examination ( Z00-Z13 )
- cases where the possibility of damage to the fetus is the basis for observation or appropriate action during pregnancy ( O35.- )